Open 365 days a year; Urgent Care is there when you need it most. With convenient in-house services, Urgent Care provides patients with the services they need without having the conventional wait time of a general practitioner or the high costs of an emergency room. We encourage you to review these four appointments you should make at Urgent Care.
What Appointments Should You Make at Urgent Care?
Minor Injuries & Illnesses
Let’s face it; there are times when we get hurt or sick that, while they don’t warrant a trip to the ER, they are enough of a pain (literally) to get checked out. It is better to play safe than sorry, which is why we recommend coming into Urgent Care for the following concerns:
- Sprain, strains, & minor fractures
- Breathing difficulties
- Cough, cold, & upper respiratory infections
- Ear, nose, & throat infections
- Fever or flu
- Vomiting, diarrhea, or dehydration
- Lacerations, abscess, skin tags, mole removal, & ingrown toenail removal
- Skin rashes & infections
- Foreign body removal
- Urinary tract infections
- STD screening
A harsh reality of working a standard-hour job is that you are often at work during the business hours of your local doctor. Rather than taking time off work, Urgent Care offers longer hours for you to get the appointment you need to be completed with flexible and compassionate care.
At First Care Medical, we offer this full range of Occupational Medical services:
- Worker’s compensation treatment
- Light duty programs
- Pre-placement evaluations, tests
- Annual evaluations/physicals
- DOT/CDL physicals
- Hearing and vision screenings
- Drug and alcohol screenings (DOT/non-DOT and rapid drug testing)
- Customized physicals
- Dive physicals
- Hazmat physicals
- Hearing and Vision testing
- Merchant Mariner physicals
- On-the-job injuries
- Pulmonary Function tests
- Respiratory Fit Clearance
Participating in any sport is an excellent way to have fun, build essential skills, and stay fit. Unfortunately, playing sports comes with a risk, and occasionally players get injured. Whether you or your child has suffered a minor sports injury, we can help you get back to what you love as quickly as possible.
At First Care Medical, we offer our patients onsite examinations and x-rays to identify the problem and a quick, convenient, affordable treatment plan. If you need a specialist to help you with the next stage of the healing process, we can offer a referral to a local orthopedic specialist.
Plus, we also offer sports physicals!
Lastly, a final appointment you should make at your local urgent care is for travel medicine. To ensure that you have the resources, supplies, and medical information you need for travel, we at First Care Medical will happily provide you with:
- A review of your current medical record
- Guidance on traveling with existing medical issues, what to avoid, and the latest international health alerts.
- Prescriptions to treat common travel-related medical conditions
- Immunizations needed for your destination, as well as a discussion of the pros and cons of the vaccines required for your destination
To book a time slot at First Care Medical, please click HERE!